Stafford FM is a truly unique and distinctive brand specifically targeting the County Town, flavoured with popular music from the 1960’s to today’s current hits. Stafford FM launched full time on 107.3 FM on 25 April 2015 after a 14 year journey to give Stafford and the surrounding areas it’s own full time community FM radio station. Stafford FM broadcasts from studios in Mount Street in Stafford town centre having previously broadcast from studios in Gaol Mews and Marston Road.
- To entertain, engage and promote the interests of the local community in Stafford through all platforms (FM radio, online and digital)
Our seven key objectives are:
- Stafford FM will be a popular, mainstream radio station, engaging with the local community through it’s diverse and unique range of programming.
- Stafford FM will provide a platform for local charitable organisations, community and volunteer groups.
- Stafford FM will support local business through affordable and cost effective advertising via all platforms.
- Stafford FM will promote local music alongside a mix of Classic Hits and diverse range of specialist programming.
- Stafford FM will provide a full service of local news and information including the most accurate travel news for the County Town, sport, school closures, weather and what’s on information.
- Stafford FM will give the community the opportunity to be involved in every area of the radio station, in particular the disadvantaged and residents from all backgrounds.
- Stafford FM will provide a full and an unrivalled local radio service for the County Town, 24 hours a day.
- 35 – 55 (core over 45’s)
- Equally split male/female
- Equally split ABC1 / C2DE
- Living in Stafford and surrounding area.
- Proudly local and Informative.
- Stylish. In touch with Stafford. .
- Fresh and Innovative.
- Positive and aspirational. Reflecting the local community in a positive light.
- Articulate and Confident. Speaking the same language as the audience. We will communicate with listeners as equals without talking down to them or ‘trying too hard’. Never down market or fake.
- Intelligent. Keeps you in touch with everything you need to know.
- Full of life
Radio is one of the mainstays for enterprises which are looking to build their business locally. Why is it so popular with local advertisers?
Here’s 7 reasons to advertise on local commercial radio…
1. RADIO TALKS TO PEOPLE AT THE RIGHT TIME AND PLACE
Radio works in “real time” so ads can be run at just the time when people are most ready to be influenced by the message. For example, a leisure centre can advertise on a Friday night when people are planning their weekend; a car dealership can target the ‘drive time’ to reach people in car; a local retail outlet can advertise on Friday and Saturday morning to promote weekend offers.
Research shows that ads are far more effective when people are thinking about a related subject.
2. RADIO CAN TALK TO PEOPLE WHO ARE ONE CLICK AWAY
Recent research into surfing behaviour revealed that 20% of internet users are listening to radio at any time (Clark Chapman Research 2006).
This is great news for businesses which use the web to bring customers in, as it means many of the listeners can go and check the website immediately.
3. RADIO REACHES OUT TO EVERYONE – INCLUDING NEW CUSTOMERS
While it’s easy to skip the ads on TV and in newspapers, radio ads are harder to avoid. Research shows that people just don’t avoid the ads like they do in other media.
This means that radio is ideal for reaching out to new customers (the lifeblood of most businesses) – they will hear the ads regardless of whether they think they are in the market or not.
4. RADIO REACHES THE RIGHT LOCAL AUDIENCES
Naturally the listeners to a local radio station are locals. But more importantly they are also the right kind of locals. Compared to the typical local newspaper readers, commercial radio listeners tend to be significantly younger.
This means they are more likely to have families and to spend more on shopping.
5. RADIO IS A ‘LOCAL FRIEND’ FOR LISTENERS
Listeners typically describe their favourite local radio station as a friend, and that friendship can be used by advertisers to change the way local people perceive them – to keep ahead of the competition.
This is especially true for branded content (sponsorships and promotions). If a radio presenter says that prizes are “thanks to our friends at ABC Motors”, listeners will begin to feel a warmer relationship with that company.
6. RADIO IS THE MOST FLEXIBLE MEDIUM
Business conditions can change fast, and radio is well set to meet those changes. Production of commercials is quick and relatively low-cost, and this allows local advertisers to put out just the right message at the right time. This flexibility works particularly well for advertisers who’s business changes fast with late deals, extended sales, reaction to news/ weather
7. RADIO BUILDS LONG-TERM BRAND DOMINANCE
As the growth of Carphone Warehouse proved, small businesses can become much bigger businesses by using radio as their primary medium.
Because radio messages are repeated more often and have lower levels of avoidance, by the time a listener is ready to make a purchase, the retailer’s brand name and values are strongly established in their mind.
This is particularly true for brands which invest in sonic identities or jingles.
As the LOCAL radio station for Stafford, Stafford FM can support YOUR business through a range of cost-effective advertising
If you thought you couldn’t afford to advertise on the radio – PLEASE THINK AGAIN!
There’s a FULL range of advertising and sponsorship packages to suit EVERY budget from the largest regional car dealership to the local independent retailer.
As well as advertising, we can also arrange sponsored or branded competitions and a range of other promotional opportunities.
For full details or to arrange an appointment, please email [email protected] or telephone 01785 229616.
Advertising with Stafford FM really couldn’t be easier. Our team of experienced radio professionals will be happy to meet with you to discuss your individual business needs. As every business is different and individual, so our solutions are completely tailored towards your needs.